|RULES OF ADMISSION TO GRADUATE SCHOOL OF VASYL’ STUS DONETSK NATIONAL UNIVERSITY IN 2022|
|І.||Persons who have obtained a master’s degree (or specialist’s degree) can be admitted to graduate school on a competitive basis.|
|II.||Financing of postgraduate studies at Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University is carried out:
– by state order;
– at the expense of individuals or legal entities (under contractual terms), within the license scope. A person who previously studied in graduate school under the state (regional) order and did not defend their dissertation or was expelled from early, has the right to re-enter graduate school for state (regional) order only on condition of reimbursement of funds spent on their training, in the manner prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
|IІІ.||The deadlines for submitting applications and documents, passing entrance examinations, competitive selection and enrollment in graduate school for citizens of Ukraine are given in Table 1.
Dates of admission campaign to graduate school in 2022 for citizens of Ukraine
|ІV.||Enrollment of foreign applicants to study at the expense of individuals and/or legal entities will be carried out by the higher education institution during the year, except for June, July, and August. Applicants must submit documents no later than 2 weeks before enrollment. Dates of applications and documents submission, entrance examinations, competitive selection and enrollment in graduate school are given in table 2.
Dates of admission campaign to graduate school in 2022 for foreign citizens
|V.||Ukrainian citizens entering graduate school must submit the following documents to the Department of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies in due time (see Table 1):
– Application (addressed to the the rector, endorsed by the prospective supervisor, head of the graduating department and dean of the faculty);
– Consent to the collection and processing of personal data;
– Identity card in the form of П-2ДС with a photo 6 × 4 (certified by the seal and signature of a responsible person from the staff department of the enterprise, institution or organization where the applicant is employed – for employees);
– Submission from an educational institution, research institution, or an organization to graduate school (for external entrants – if available);
– Excerpt from the minutes of the meeting of the Academic Council of the Faculty on the recommendation for admission to graduate school (for persons who studied for a Master’s degree at Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University – if available);
– A copy of the Master’s degree (Specialist’s degree) indicating the acquired specialty (qualification) and the diploma supplement;
– List and copies of published scientific papers and inventions (form 26); copies of awards received as a result of international, all-Ukrainian student competitions, research competitions and scientific conferences (if any);
– The conclusion of the prospective supervisor after an interview;
– Certified copy of employment record book (if available);
– A copy of the passport, as well as a copy of the certificate from the tax inspection on the assignment of an individual tax number;
– Copy of the first page of the passport (if available);
– A copy of the military registration document for conscripts (except as provided by law);
– A copy of the document on the change of surname (if any);
– 4 color photos 3×4 cm. When submitting the application, the applicant personally presents the originals of the passport, military registration document, document (state standard) on the previously obtained level of education (educational qualification level), on the basis of which the admission is made, and the appendix to it.
|VІ.||Foreign citizens entering postgraduate studies must submit the following documents to the Department of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies in due time (see Table 2):
– Application addressed the rector (endorsed by the prospective supervisor, head of the graduating department and dean of the faculty);
– Consent to the collection and processing of personal data;
– A copy of the Master’s degree (Specialist’s) indicating the acquired specialty (qualification) and the appendix to it with a notarized translation (certificate of recognition in Ukraine of a foreign educational document must be submitted by the applicant before the second semester of the first study year);
– A copy of the passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying a stateless person with a notarized translation;
– Medical certificate, certified by the official health authority of the country from which the foreigner arrived;
– Certificate of completion of the Preparatory Department for foreigners (the requirement does not apply to foreigners in respect of whom the Admission Committee has concluded that there is a sufficient level of proficiency in the Ukrainian language);
– Valid health insurance policy (except for foreigners who came from countries with which agreements on free medical care have been concluded);
– 8 color photos 3×4 cm;
– A copy of the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian citizen (if available);
– Research proposal in the chosen scientific specialty or a list of published scientific works and inventions in Ukrainian or English languages;
– Conclusion of the prospective supervisor after an interview. When submitting the application, the applicant personally presents the originals of the passport document of the foreigner or the document certifying the stateless person, and the document on the previously obtained level of education (educational qualification level) on the basis of which the admission is made, as well as the appendix to it.
|VII.||The decision on admission to the entrance exams to graduate school is made by the Admission Committee based on the results of an interview with the prospective supervisor and the submitted scientific papers. Persons admitted to the entrance exams to graduate school by the decision of the Admission Committee are granted leave to prepare and take exams in accordance with current legislation of Ukraine (based on Articles 215-220 of the Labor Code of Ukraine and Article 15 of the Law of Ukraine “On Holidays”).|
|VIIІ.||Entrance examinations for graduate school consist of:
· Entrance exam in the specialty (in the scope of the program of higher education Master’s degree in the relevant specialty);
· Optional entrance exam in a foreign language (English, German, French) corresponding to level B2 of the European Recommendations on Language Education (for citizens of Ukraine);
· Entrance exam in Ukrainian as a foreign language (for foreign citizens). Based on the results of the entrance exam in Ukrainian as a foreign language, the applicant may be given a recommendation to complete language training courses before entering graduate school.
Postgraduate applicants who apply for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in a specialty other than that specified in their Master’s or Specialist’s degree, may be assigned additional entrance examinations.
|IХ.||The results of the entrance examinations for postgraduate studies are valid for admission to Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University for one calendar year.
Persons who have passed all or part of the candidate exams are not exempted from the relevant entrance exams when entering graduate school.
|X.||Entrance examinations for postgraduate studies are conducted by subject commissions in the number of not less than three persons, who are appointed by the Admission Committee.
The composition of the subject commissions includes:
– at least one Doctor of Sciences in the relevant or related specialty;
– Candidates of Sciences in the relevant specialty.
Subject commissions may include potential research supervisors of applicants.
The subject commission on a foreign language includes:
– Candidates of Sciences in the relevant specialty;
– by the decision of the Admission Committee they may also include full-time employees of Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University, who do not have a degree and academic title, but can assess the level of applicant’s language proficiency.
|XІ.||Based on the results of the entrance examinations for postgraduate studies, the Admission Committee makes decisions on each applicant on the basis of a competitive score (КБ).|
|ХІІ.||Competitive score (КБ) for citizens of Ukraine applying for admission to graduate school, is calculated as the sum of points for each type of entrance test, multiplied by weight coefficients:
KБ = K1 x BIС + K2 x ВIM + ДБ
The sum of the weights is 1, and:
Competitive score (KБ) for foreigners who apply for enrollment in graduate school, is calculated by the formula:
|XIV.||Applicants are notified on whether they are admitted or not within five days from the date when the Admission Committee makes the decision.|
|XV.||In case of enrollment on the contractual basis, the entrant is obliged to enter into an agreement within five working days from the date of enrollment. In case of non-conclusion of the contract within 10 days from the moment of enrollment and non-fulfillment of the terms of the contract, the graduate student is expelled.|
|XVI.||The rules of admission to graduate school are valid only for a calendar year.|